Are you in need of a dental implant?
Dental implants are a restorative procedure to replace missing teeth. Implants in Worcester, MA, are vital to reinforce your jawbone and restore functions like chewing and speaking. At Bayon Family Dentistry, your dentists Dr. Timothy Haffner or Dr. Frederick Bayon are here to help and advise you!
More About Dental Implants
If you decide to get a dental implant, here's what you need to know about the procedure. Your dentist applies a local anesthetic to the area that will undergo the procedure. Next, your dentist removes tooth remnants and inserts a titanium post into the jawbone. The titanium post replaces the missing tooth root. There's no worrying about tissue rejection because the titanium post is biocompatible. Your doctor then surgically closes the area and allows it to heal for a period of 3-6 months, while the process of osseointegration takes its full course. Finally, the dentist re-opens the area, inserts an abutment, and places a crown over the abutment that matches the rest of your teeth.
Advantages of Dental Implants in Worcester, MA
- Dental implants can last a lifetime but you have to take proper care of them
- Implants don't slip out of place like other dental restorations, which makes them comfortable and practical
- They reinforce the jawbone to prevent early aging and sagging of the face
- They can be used to replace a single tooth or all your teeth
- Dental implants look natural and feel natural so no one knows you have dental prosthetics
- Dental implants make chewing and speaking easier
Need a Consultation?
If you have questions or concerns, Dr. Haffner and Dr. Bayon can help you at Bayon Family Dentistry. Call the office at (508) 755-0372 to make an appointment for dental implants in Worcester, MA, today!